25. January 2011 14:35
If you have recently been prescribed eye glasses to correct your vision, you may be boggled by the decision regarding what type of glasses you should buy. Even if you have a good vision, you may wish to start wearing fashionable eye glasses that enhance your look or enable you to change how you look. No matter what kind of eye glasses you are buying, the choice should never be made hastily and adequate time must be taken before you purchase a pair that suits you. Some of the following tips and pointers will help you make better judgements when choosing eye glasses:
If you are looking for corrective eye glasses that will enable you to see clearly again, you need to look for a pair that is of an appropriate shape. For people suffering from myopia, the lens size must be adequate so that objects in the range of your direct as well as peripheral vision can be observed plainly. You should not need to adjust your frame time and again in order to see certain things.
In case you suffer from far sightedness, a frame that includes narrower lenses will be enough to meet your needs as you will need these eye glasses only at times when you need to see things in the short range. A simple pair of reading glasses that are available aplenty in the market will do the needful and you may not have to get customized eye glasses made. You will need such eye glasses only at times when you want to read or perform any such activity.
While choosing eye glasses, it is very important to keep in mind the shape of your face. The frame that you go in for must suit you and be appropriate for your age as well as gender. People wishing to experiment a little can go in for frames that come in stylish and spunky colours like red, green, blue, yellow, etc. These enable you to stand out in the crowd. People who do not suffer from any vision abnormalities also sometimes opt for these eye glasses.
For more information on various eye glasses and eye care tips, visit us at Killeen Eyecare Center. We are located at 416 North Gray Street, Killeen, TX 76541.
Eyeglasses Killeen - Eyeglasses Harker Heights
17. January 2011 11:55
Most of us these days spend a maximum part of our day in either working on computers, casually surfing the internet, social networking or watching television. Most of these tasks require you to focus on a screen for a long period of time continuously. Doing so can have its side effects as you may feel a strain developing on your eyes. You may experience burning sensation or may also start to develop watery eyes. Although you cannot eliminate the use of technological devices like computers and laptops from your life, you can reduce the strain being produced on your vision by performing the below mentioned simple exercises on a regular basis:
- One of the simplest eye exercises that can help you is to hold a pen or pencil in front of your eyes and alternatively take it far away with an out stretched hand and bringing it close to your eyes again. This should be done slowly and gradually and you should solely give your attention to viewing the pen. The surroundings must be completely ignored and your vision should not waver. This helps in enhancing the flexibility of your eye muscles.
- If you find yourself sitting at your computer screen for a long time, all you need to do is take a short break of one minute and blink consciously. Sometimes, eye strains are caused dimply because of not blinking enough. This can cause dry eyes and over time start affecting your vision.
- Another exercise that you may perform in your free time is taking a small object and holding it 15 cm away from your eyes at eye level. The first step is to look at the object in such a way so that the things behind in the room appear blurred. Next, you should switch to ignoring the object in front of you and instead look at the things behind it in the room. This should be done alternately for a few minutes.
The above mentioned eye exercises may seem quite simple but have immense benefits as they can help your eyes remain healthy. The best thing about them is that they can be performed anywhere when you have a little time on your hands and do not require any special tools.
For more information on how to keep eyes healthy and more eye exercising tips visit us at Killeen Eyecare Center.
Eye Doctor Fort Hood - Optometrist Fort Hood
10. January 2011 18:39
It is a generally well known fact that you can maintain your eyes in good condition by having the prescribed amount of servings of green leafy vegetables and nutrient rich items like carrots and other fruits. Apart from maintaining a healthy diet, you can also use proper nutrition to prevent crippling diseases that may result in loss of vision. Some of the essential elements that can keep a variety of eye ailments at bay are mentioned below:
- Food items such as spinach, carrots and sweet potatoes contain beta carotene that act as guardians against all forms of night-blindness and dehydration of eyes.
- There is a particular class of flavonoids known as bioflavonoids that help keep away cataract and in some cases even help reverse this disease. They can also prevent the deterioration of eye muscles. Food stuffs like cherries, soy, tea and citrus fruits contain this vital element.
- It is very beneficial to include a fair amount of green leafy vegetables in your diet like spinach, turnip greens and kale in order to have enough lutein and zeaxanthin in your body. These components also prevent macular deterioration and cataracts that can permanently alter vision.
- Fish is widely known to be very useful and advantageous for vision. Salmon, mackerel and herring are certain types of fish consisting of the fundamental omega 3 fatty acids also known as good fats that prevent dry eyes.
- The inclusion of vitamins is imperative in order to have a good eye sight. Some of the vitamins that must be present in your diet and their sources are as follows:
For more eyecare information, visit us at Killeen Eyecare Center. We are located at 416 North Gray Street, Killeen, TX 76541.
- You should have a lot of eggs, cod liver oil, butter and milk in order to consume enough vitamin A in your diet.
- Vitamin C is also key to possessing good eye health and items such as strawberry, broccoli and oranges are rich in this nutrient.
- Vitamin D helps prevent a variety of eye related ailments and helps keep the eye muscles in good condition. Adequate exposure to the sun can help the body imbibe this fundamental vitamin adequately.
Eyeglasses Killeen - Eyeglasses Harker Heights
3. January 2011 19:48
Just like any other stroke, eye strokes usually occur when the important nerves of the eyes are starved of nutrients or oxygen. The result of this ailment is that a temporary loss of vision is experienced that may cause permanent damage in some cases. This problem generally arises as a side effect of some bigger problem like clogging of arteries, heart disease, diabetes, etc. There are many different types of eye strokes that a person may suffer from that have been listed below:
Branch Retinal Artery Occlusion: This type of eye stroke can result in a person losing peripheral and sometimes central visualization. The medical cause is the dislocation of a plaque from the heart walls and making its way to the eye area. In this case, the factors responsible for this are evaluated by doctors and treatment is prescribed accordingly. Most of these types of eye strokes are directly related to heart diseases. Immediate treatment should be taken in order to avoid further complications that may result in permanent vision loss.
Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion: As the name suggests, this type of eye stroke occurs due to the development of a clot in the vein. The diseases associated with this are diabetes and high blood pressure. The widely prescribed treatments for this type of occlusion are laser therapy and the administration of Lucentis.
Central Retinal Artery Occlusion: This eye stroke differs from the above mentioned two in a significant way as there is absolutely no pain associated with its onset. However, this is the most disastrous as there is complete loss of vision. It occurs when the flow of oxygenated blood to the retina is blocked because of a clot in the arteries of the neck. The main methods of preferred treatments that have been shown to provide results are glaucoma medications, surgical procedures and intake of carbon dioxide gas under the supervision of a certified medical practitioner. The associated diseases that act as a contributing factor for this eye stroke include cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. Clogging of arteries and thickening of artery walls play an important role in this type of occlusion.
Eye Strokes can result in serious vision loss. In case of any symptoms, you should see a eye doctor immediately. For more information about various eye ailments, visit us at Killeen Eyecare Center. We are located in Killeen, Texas.
Eye Doctor Harker Heights - Eye Doctor Killeen