26. October 2010 11:50
Eyes are one of the important organs of the body. They are sensitive and precious organs for which you need to take care. If they are not taken care in a proper manner, then you can suffer from various problems associated to your eyes. Your eyes are required to be protected from any kind of viral infections as well as from other external attacks especially when you have a weak eye sight. To protect your eyes or for vision improvement, it is therefore, recommended to wear spectacles and contact eye lenses. Contact lenses and spectacles are primarily been manufactured to help the people to correct the vision. There are mainly two types of vision errors which a person can suffer. They are near sightedness and far sightedness. With the help of the spectacles and contact lenses, these errors can be corrected.
It is very important to take care of your contact lenses and spectacle. Always remember to use a protective case to store your lenses or spectacles when you are not using them. While storing the spectacles, make sure that the glasses are kept in the upside direction, which would prevent the glasses from getting scratches. After usage, remember to wash your glasses with warm water and use a soft and clean cotton cloth to wipe them. If you are using contact lenses, you need to be more careful. The contact lenses are usually being stored in special solution. Always keep them moist and use a special lenses cleaning solution to clean them. Wear the contact lenses before you apply makeup and remember to remove these lenses before you go to sleep. Since contact lenses stay more close to the eyes, you need to be very careful while using them and keep them away from any kind of contamination.
Contact lenses and spectacles are used for fashion as well as to help you to have proper vision. However, if they are not being maintained properly, they can cause irritation or infection and can prove to be harmful for the eyes. You may even loose your vision. So take care of your lenses and get the most of them.
Eyeglasses Killeen - Eyeglasses Harker Heights
19. October 2010 11:50
Eyes being the most sensitive and precious organ of the body, needs proper care, and if ignored can cause various eye problems. One can even loose his vision forever. So to prevent your eyes from various eye problems, it is necessary to take proper care of them from the beginning itself.
Wearing recommended eye glasses is one basic way to protect your eyes from those harsh sunrays and computer stress. It prevents dust to enter this sensitive area and also protects the eyes from heat and direct radiations of the sun. At the same time, if your eyes are weak, then eye glasses with required lenses help you see with a clearer vision. But then taking care of your spectacle is also equally important. Here are some basic tips to maintain your eye glasses:
- Wash them regularly in warm water and then wipe with a clean and soft cotton cloth. Using paper can scratch the lenses.
- Always keep your glasses, with lenses in the upside direction, these should be never in tough with the surface as the contact can put scratches on lenses.
- Protective cases should be used to store your spectacles when not in use.
- While wearing them on, use both your hands to make them fit well.
Using recommended contact lenses is another option for individuals who have vision problems. Contact lenses help you in maintaining your eye number and also give you a better look. These are available in variety of colors, and are distinguished as hard or soft contact lenses. Since eye lenses are closest to an eye, thus needs much maintenance and care.
- Contact lenses should be regularly clean and for cleaning purpose, special lenses cleaning solutions should only be used.
- Always try to keep them moist.
- Make sure to remove them from your eyes before sleeping.
- Always wear them before applying makeup.
Contact lenses should be properly cleaned to prevent contamination. Unhygienic contact lenses can cause serious eye problems. Visit us at Killeen Eyecare Center to know about various eye diseases and to buy recommended eye glasses and contact lenses.
Eyeglasses Killeen - Eyeglasses Harker Heights
26. July 2010 13:50
In reality, caring for contact lenses is not as tough as it seems. For proper lens care, disposable contact lenses and one-bottle care systems can be used. This ensures saving of time, money and effort.
To begin with, you must consult your eye doctor for the correct soft contact lenses care regimen. Certain contact lenses are compatible with specific products only and any other products may ruin the lenses or harm your eyes. The following guidelines for handling soft contact lenses can help in preventing eye infections and ensure maximum comfort for you.
- If you are using soft contact lenses, wash your hands to keep away from dirt and germs. Moreover, moisturizing soaps need to be avoided while applying contact lenses. It is also important to wash your hands properly and dry them with lint-free towel.
- Take out one lens and use the recommended solution to clean it. This will remove cosmetics, eye-produced buildup and other particles that affect the comfort level of the lenses. Now, rub the lens in the palm of your hand with the solution.
- Read the package instructions to know how long it takes to rinse the lens and remove the debris impairing your soft contact lenses.
- The next step is to put the lenses in clean lens holder and add fresh solution to it. The disinfecting process is important for killing micro-organisms on the lens.
- The above steps have to be conducted for both lenses in accordance with the specifications on your solution package.
In certain cases, your eye doctor may recommend using protein removal products to handle eye-protein deposits. By replacing your contact lenses within a reasonable time period, you can avoid build-up of excessive protein and discomfort in your eyes. Products for removing protein are available in liquid form and enzymatic cleaner.
Eye drops can also be used during soft contact lenses care. This avoids eye dryness and irritation by lubricating the eyes and rewetting your contact lenses. Some people may also suffer from allergies caused by chemicals in contact lens solutions. At such times, you can just shift to “preservative free” products for soft contact lenses.
Contact Lenses Killeen - Contact Lenses Fort Hood
17. May 2010 14:59
Vision impairment starts from a number of medical issues like near-sightedness, far-sightedness, Astigmatism, Myopia and Hyperopia. Many eye doctors ask their patients to go in for prescription contact lenses.
When you shop around for Contact Lenses, you’ll find the market flooded with a huge variety; some trendy, others coloured. Remember, if you are buying lenses for a medical reason, the kind of lenses you pick up matters a lot.
There could also be a choice between prescription eyeglasses and prescription lenses. Then, there is also the temptation to pick non-prescription lenses, instead. Your option depends upon the environment and work conditions around you. For instance, some people work where the spectacles tend to get foggy or gather dust. They prefer to use smart Contact lenses.
Indeed, Prescription Contact lenses have many advantages over eyeglasses. With lenses you don’t have to worry about your looks; your face remains of the same size. Now your eyes won’t look deflated behind the glasses. You also have the option to go in for coloured lenses. Imagine changing the colour of your eyes to match the colour of your dress.
Besides your looks, lenses keep you comfortable. Forget everything about adjusting the frame when you move fast or start jogging. With the right prescription lenses, you need not bother about a permanent mark on your nose and ears. Most of the glasses are heavy to carry and cause pain in the temples.
Medically, the peripheral vision with lenses is much better than that with your glasses on. Lenses are being adapted to suit dry eyes by making them more permeable to Oxygen. Again, those who wear high index lenses remain much more medically fit. Eye specialists also prescribe eyeglasses with lenses made of high index material which make the glasses very lightweight.
Get your pair of Contact Lenses and Glasses at Killeen Eyecare Center. We have unique range of lenses and glasses to suit your requirement.
Optometrist Fort Hood - Eyeglasses Harker Heights
14. March 2010 10:34
Proper care should be taken while using and storing contact lenses. Below are few important guidelines for taking care of your contact lenses.
- Always wash your hands with warm water and soap while handling your contact lenses. After washing your hands, you should dry them with a clean towel. It should be made sure that no soap particles or chemical remains sticking to your hands which can cause pain and vision issues in your eyes.
- You should follow doctor’s prescription for contact lenses. If specific timings to wear them have been mentioned then you should wear them accordingly.
- Always use eyecare products recommended by your doctor as different types of contact lenses require different/ special care.
- Always clear your contact lenses after every use with sterile solution.
- Never use plain water directly on contact lenses.
- Clean your contact lenses by gently rubbing them with index finger. With “no rub” solutions you can rinse contact lenses without rubbing.
- If there occur irritation or any kind of infection like burning feeling, redness or tearing; discontinue the usage of lenses and talk to your eye doctor immediately about the issue. Wearing infected/ contaminated lenses can damage your eyes.
- Never wear contact lenses used by other persons.
- Do not sleep with contact lenses; unless you have been prescribed “Extended Wear” eye lenses. If you fall asleep while wearing contact lenses, do not remove them immediately, put eye drops and wait a few minutes before removing them.
- Always put the contact lenses before applying makeup else it may get contaminated with makeup chemicals or lotions and may damage your eyes. If you are wearing eye lenses after applying makeup, thoroughly wash your hands before handling the lenses.
- Protect tip of solution bottle from getting contaminated by touching other surfaces like finger tips, contact lenses etc.
Following these tips can make sure your contact lenses stay infection free and good to use. Contaminated or damaged contact lenses can be harmful for eyes.
You may contact Killeen Eyecare Center for complete diagnosis, and treatment for different eye problems. You can also procure contact lenses.
Contact Lenses Harker Heights - Optometrist Fort Hood